Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Biblical Union

 
 
 
 
                                                             Why is marriage so important?

      In light of recent days it is clear that one or both sides are unclear about issues of marriage! A vote promoting biblical marriage is viewed as taking a step backwards! Why do Christians hold marriage as so valuable? Why would a child of God make such a strong voice heard about this and not about drugs, alcohol, or other issues? Pause for a moment with me to u...nderstand why over 65 million Americans felt like it was necessary to protect marriage!
      One reason is because it is God’s perfect plan and design for one man to desire to spend his life with one woman! Those who hold the Bible as the gospel truth know it is designed as God’s perfect plan. If there were only people together who were married no STD’s would exist! No aids epidemic, no rape, or teen pregnancy anywhere! If children were born only inside of a one man-one woman home then the word "abortion" would make one scratch their head and say, “what is that”. If every child was born inside of a married home, with parents eagerly awaiting the babies’ arrival no Orphanages would exist! I would not be foolish enough to pretend this would ever happen in any part of the world, but it is still Gods’ plan as defined by the Bible! That is the kind of world I voted for, one with less problems, less pain, less heartache, one with less debates, one with less sin!
A more important reason so many voices from those in and out of church rose up was perhaps the main issue! What the world doesn’t understand is that marriage paints a perfect picture of God. Gen 1:27 states man and woman together make His image! A father alone cannot do it, nor a mother alone, nor even two of the same gender! My father was a strict man, that taught us to do what he says or suffer the punishment of not doing it. I learned when dad spoke you had better listen! My father was a strong arm of help to me, and still is, a protector if you will! All of that and so much more is a picture of Gods very nature (God is holy), full of wrath, honor, protection, provision, but that alone is not a complete picture of God. My mother is one of the most loving, caring people you will ever meet! Her priorities in life included making sure we were fed, cleaned, and presentable. She is more merciful that dad, and much quicker to forgive us for doing wrong, knowing the wrath of our father! The woman paints a picture of Gods mercy, love, care, and forgiveness (God is love)! So you see, both a mother and father are needed to display that picture of who God is! The BIG reason is so when God the Father through the Holy Spirit convicted me of my sin, I was terrified, knowing I was going to Hell because of my sin (the Fathers voice was all bussiness)! BUT because I knew God loved me and would also forgive me if I asked, pleaded with him to spare me, which he did. I learned all I know about Salvation as a child by being raised in a home with a mother and father. So to a Christian, to redefine marriage is to redefine God, to redefine Salvation, which is our most sacred and precious doctrines!
       Since it is Gods’ plan, he made it where such a joining of a lifelong commitment was to include vows to each other, the witnesses present, AND to God himself. Marriage is sacred to a born again child of God that to its’ core is as Holy as the one who designed it and defined it! Any “attack” on sacred things has left villages bloody, and caused nations to go to war. Gods’ people didn’t grab pitchforks, and guns to resolve this grand issue, we simply voted! I know not everyone believes as I do, but now at least you know why this topic of conversation is such a big deal to so many who voted For Amendment one!

No comments:

Post a Comment