Friday, January 15, 2010

Pork Bellies

I invested into the economies pork bellies yesterday and worked with it all day today. Investopedia says "Pork bellies is the actual name for the cut of a hog. The cut is then used for commercial pork supplies of bacon, pork meat etc." I paid $90 for half of a 325 lb hog. I got my baby back - baby back ribs, pork chops, tenderloin, middling (bacon), grinded 40 lb of sausage today, boiled a hog head with liver for liver mush to make tomorrow, cured a ham, and made some BBQ - but I have yet to get a hog belly. What is a Hog Belly? To the best of my knowledge it is the stomach of a pig, and unless your into eating chitlins(the intestines) a hog belly does not exist. OW I get it now, our nations leaders are concerned about something that does not exist. They are busy looking at pork prices instead of job loses - go America. Either way know that i am an investor in pork - ya and yawhoo! This coming Monday the national food to celebrate is chitlins, so maybe I will try some - or (s)not.

1 comment: